If your walls are starting to look boring and bland, it’s time for some colour and glitz to liven them up. This can be done through the addition of some home accessories, such as wall stickers. If you are not willing to spend a lot of money on painting all four walls, you can easily opt for this inexpensive option.
It is important that your little cocoon stands out from the rest. With the increasing popularity of wall art stickers, it’s no wonder that interior designers are calling for this trend to be adopted as the new standard for home decorating.
Laying the Groundwork
Wall decals are easy to install, affordable, and removable when you want to change things up. But before you install your first wall decal, proper preparation is necessary. Following are the wall decal installation tips:
- Make sure your walls are clean and dry before applying a wall decal. Use a soft cloth or lint-free paper towel to wipe down the area you are applying the decal.
- Apply masking tape around the edges of your wall where you do not want the decal to be stuck (if necessary). This will make it easier to peel off any excess material, which could result in damage to your wall if left behind.
- Place a few pieces of masking tape along the top edge of your wall to keep it from curling up while drying.
- Remove any dust or debris from your wall using compressed air (for large areas) or a microfiber cloth (for small areas). You can also use rubbing alcohol if needed but avoid using water.
How to Pick the Right Wall Decal for your Home?
Wall decals come in all shapes and sizes, which can make it difficult to pick the right one for your home. Picking the best wall sticker for your home can be challenging. Here are some helpful tips and tricks on how to install and remove wall art.
Space it Up
Before shopping for room decor stickers, look at the size of your space where you want your home sticker design to appear. A room wall sticker can transform any space; however, it can lose its charm when placed on a wall with too much space.
Use the right tools
It’s important to use the right tools when applying your wall decal. Use painter’s tape or masking tape to mask off areas around where you’re applying your new decor so that you don’t accidentally touch these areas with glue or water while cleaning up excess material from your application area. This will help prevent any unwanted marks on walls or furniture during installation or removal of your new decor.
Pick according to the theme of your house
The first thing you should do is decide what type of theme you want for your home. Are you looking for something modern? Something vintage? Or maybe something colorful and fun?
If you want to go with a specific theme at home (like country or modern), then picking a wall sticker that matches that theme is essential. While there’s no right or wrong here, keep in mind that not every style will be right for every room in your house, so if you already have a particular look or feel in mind, make sure that the wall art matches it!
Know your wall material
Most stickers come in the form of vinyl wall decals and can be applied to any surface including glass, metal and painted walls (non-porous). However, there are also fabric options available if you have fabric walls or curtains that need decorating.
Consider color options
The color of your wall decal should match the colors in your room as closely as possible so that it blends seamlessly into the background of your space. If you have an accent wall in your home, then this is where you would want to place it so that it stands out against its surroundings.
How to Maintain Wall Decors
Wall decals are a great way to decorate, but like any other kind of art, the decal needs to be taken care of. Here are some tips for making sure your wall decor lasts as long as possible:
- Use a squeegee and follow the instructions on the packaging when applying your wall decal.
- Use a soft cloth and lukewarm water to clean off any dust or dirt that accumulates on your decal. Avoid using chemicals or abrasive materials as they may damage the decal.
- Make sure you do not expose your wall decal to direct sunlight for long periods of time as this can cause fading and colour changes over time.
- If you need to remove and reapply a wall decal, make sure that it’s completely dry before attempting to reapply it.
If you’re looking for a way to add a little extra style or flair to your living space, then wall decals are the way to go. Istick is the top choice for wall decals in Australia and our experts will suggest the best material, colour, design, and size for your dream house. We have various templates to choose from and we can customise according to your style and taste.